Friday 4 March 2011

constructive distraction

despite having an order to finish by tomorrow for a local gift shop and loving my work....listening to 6 music with a never ending cup of hot tea and sewing Little Eds together,what's not to love(!)......i am finding myself seeking distraction today. and so instead of squandering the day and then working like a maniac for 20 minutes before the school run i thought i'd make my distraction useful. so i've made myself a cup of tea,yes another one, and i'm going to do some show and tell :-)

firstly i want to show the proof print of my first woodcut that i'm working on for a printmaking course i'm doing and LOVING. inspired by this little book on how to be a better wife.......



this is just the proof and there is more cutting to do yet but i am happy so far especially as i got the text the correct way (it has to be cut out in reverse). 

here are a couple of extra words of advice i'll share with you

don't let your husband have to search the house for you. listen for his latch-key and meet him on the threshold.

don't greet him at the door with a catalogue of dreadful crimes committed by servants during the day.
and lastly
don't think your husband horrid if he seems a bit irritable; probably he has had a very tiring day, and his nerves are overwrought.

so take note girls and get his slippers ready!!

don't panic; i have 'don'ts for husbands' too and will be doing something from that at some point but here is the first sentence; this makes me laugh every time.

my dear sir, you are neither as bad nor as good a fellow as you imagine yourself to be.

and so i must return to these little guys happy that my distraction has indeed been constructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.I hope you enjoy my blog.